Another important facet is making this process practical. In Unity we practise different techniques to help us ‘release our inner splendour’, as Robert Browning wrote. To live the truth we know, we use the teachings of Jesus as our guide and example. Historically, we have called our movement ‘Practical Christianity’. For we all need tools to support us, and spiritual community to connect within, so that we can become the change we seek. Jesus, who expressed the Christ energy, is the best example we know to follow.
At Easter, we celebrate this; and our Easter Service on Zoom is a great way to come together, to honour and give thanks for the Christ energy we are learning to express and live more effectively.
During the pandemic, our online presence grew and expanded into a community of new friendships as we offered spiritual and practical support to help all of us through the challenges experienced. This is what Unity does best.
Now, having moved through lockdown, we can once more meet in person and offer opportunities to come and share the love, laughter and wisdom that we generate together.
We are delighted to hold two retreats this year, where we will move into subjects that will include:
- ‘Peace begins with me.’ We will share tools to practise experiencing deep peace within us, to then live and witness in the world.
- ‘The Father and I are one.’ These powerful words of Jesus, who knew the deep, abiding love of God, will guide us into this experience for ourselves. Instead of separation, we know connection, through which all healing happens.
- Many have found themselves in change and transition, often unexpected and difficult to deal with. Using the writings of Robert Brumet, Unity author and minister, we will share tools and practices to guide us through change, to live our full and true potential, individually and creatively.
- The practice of presence is perhaps the greatest teaching we can share. For Eckhart Tolle, Unity author and minister Jim Rosemergy, myself and many others, this is transformative.
- At our May retreat, we will focus on God’s grace that is ever giving, loving and welcoming us home. We will explore what this means to us: To awaken into our Divine Self and live more deeply from here.
- At our August retreat, we will look at tools and practices that free us from old beliefs about ourselves so we can truly know, and abundantly live, the truth that sets us free.
If any of this excites you, join us in London or Yorkshire on retreat. Still not sure? Check out the comments shared from previous retreats.
Any questions, email me
Would you like to begin your week with an inspiring email?Click here to sign up for our Thought for the Week email list
Unity in the UK