The Christ ( in the Bible)
Saturday 6 May – 10am- 5pm
Sunday 7 May – 10am – 3pm
Led by Rev. Tom Thorpe
Meeting in Maidenhead, Berkshire and also online
When Unity students refer to “Christ,” they are referring to a timeless divine idea. When other Christians refer to “Christ,” they are referring to a man who walked the earth about 2000 years ago. Unity, although it honours and respects all religious beliefs, really does differ in some important ways from mainstream Christianity. At a time when distinctions between Unity and other Christian movements appear less obvious than they once did, it is important to develop a clear understanding of the Christ, one of Unity’s most essential and distinctive teachings.
For SEE credit students: £50
Unity’s passion and our mission is to assist you along your personal path to spiritual growth. The Spiritual Education and Enrichment Classes (SEE) program is designed for those who have the eyes to see in new ways, for those who want to look deeper than ever before and transform their lives.
Unity is dedicated to the spiritual growth of each individual and to helping you see more clearly and deeply with the eyes of Spirit. If Spirit is nudging you forward, we would be honoured to assist you along your personal spiritual path. We invite you to be a part of this great adventure.
Previous courses have included: Unity’s Five Principles, How to Let God Help You by Myrtle Fillmore, The Quest, Historical Overview of the Hebrew Scriptures, Introduction to Heart Centred Metaphysics, The Background of New Thought Movements
Most courses are studied live online via video or in person in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
We run a full programme of courses online and in person. The courses are designed to help you explore and express your God- given potential.
If you are interested in taking your studies further as a Unity Student many of these courses can be taken for credit as part of our Spiritual Enrichment Education programme (SEE).
Quick Guide to Fuze
In order to join us, download the necessary live-streaming software available free of charge from Fuze, a video conferencing website. Note that on tablets and smartphones the software can also be uploaded, as either a free Android or Apple app. If you are using a PC or laptop it needs to be Windows 7 or later. Click here to access the Fuze downloads page for all these free download options
- Open the software (or app) and enter your name and the meeting id for groups and classes:
304 61 262
- Click join meeting. Ignore any tab which invites you to sign in or register.
- Allow yourself a couple of minutes before the meeting time in case there are any adjustments you need to make to your camera or microphone.
- Please mute your microphone in order to avoid disturbing others in the meeting. To do this please click on the microphone icon at the bottom of your fuze meeting screen.)
- Once you have joined the live meeting, the meeting room will appear as a small TV image on your computer, tablet or phone (those who use Skype – similar to Fuze – will be familiar with this).
- We look forward to seeing you online.